One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to convey that one will not discuss or reveal something.
- ‘Tell me all your secrets, because at the moment my lips are sealed.’
- ‘‘Don't worry; I won't tell anyone about your little episode, my lips are sealed.’’
- ‘But my lips are sealed on what they are, for the moment.’
- ‘Indeed, my lips are sealed, but we know that in his heart of hearts that is what Maurice is seeking.’
- ‘But my lips are sealed… Ooh, I find it hard to keep secrets, but he is really cool.’
- ‘Nicholas got the point and made a zipping gesture: ‘Yes, ma'am, my lips are sealed all right.’’
- ‘You'll have to wait and see because my lips are sealed…’
- ‘Well, about you thinking that she might have a crush on Joshua, well, my lips are sealed.’
- ‘A lady never reveals her age, Sheila, so my lips are sealed!’
- ‘Yeah, they do have a history together but my lips are sealed!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.