One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The velocity with which a bullet or shell leaves the muzzle of a gun.
- ‘Adding a silencer to a rifle increases the muzzle velocity.’
- ‘So, instead, the muzzle velocity for a bullet coming out of a gun is typically given in feet per second.’
- ‘The weapon had a muzzle velocity of fifty-five hundred meters per second, and even Karl had to be well-braced to fire it with any degree of accuracy.’
- ‘They were immensely heavy, difficult to operate, and slow to fire, and their size diminished as greater muzzle velocity permitted smaller projectiles to produce the same effect.’
- ‘The muzzle velocity is 827m/s.’
muzzle velocity/ˈməzəl vəˌläsədē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.