One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of an electromotive force in a circuit by a change in the current in an adjacent circuit which is linked to the first by the flux lines of a magnetic field.
- ‘In eddy current inspection, the eddy currents are generated in the test material due to mutual induction.’
- ‘An example of mutual induction is pictured in figure 112.’
- ‘Among his discoveries in electro magnetism were mutual induction, self-induction, the electro magnetic relay and the concept of the electric transformer.’
- ‘Alongside induction caused by string vibrations or a similar mechanical motion, there also exists the phenomenon of mutual induction.’
- ‘If we start from the point of mutual induction instead of energy level of electrons, can we arrive at the same conclusion?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.