One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An investment program funded by shareholders that trades in diversified holdings and is professionally managed.
- ‘In mutual funds, fund managers rely heavily on internal analysis to make decisions.’
- ‘Only two other mutual funds manage money this way, both also at boutique firms.’
- ‘Mutual funds get kudos if their independent directors invest in the mutual funds.’
- ‘That has generated a lot of investment from mutual funds focused on the global oil and gas industry.’
- ‘Investors should keep track of distributions made by their mutual funds that are reinvested.’
- ‘Also, all mutual funds are required to pay out all dividends and capital gains on a yearly basis.’
- ‘You can access a wide variety of international investments through mutual funds.’
- ‘For one, hedge fund fees are much higher than those of traditional mutual funds.’
- ‘They were followed by US-based mutual funds and investment banks, all anxious to cash in on the Asian boom.’
- ‘In short, it is a mutual fund that invests solely in money market instruments.’
- ‘Most real estate mutual funds invest mainly in real estate investment trusts.’
- ‘The agency is already battling court challenges to its rules on hedge funds and mutual funds.’
- ‘Allowing big investors to trade in mutual funds after hours is simply against the law.’
- ‘I have never managed a mutual fund but have owned hundreds of them over the past 50 years.’
- ‘For Jones, mutual funds are a better investment than individual stocks right now.’
- ‘Ownership of stock, direct and through pension and mutual funds, is also covered.’
- ‘It has also been suggested to allow mutual funds and pension funds to invest in venture capital funds.’
- ‘Socially responsible mutual funds tend to have higher fees than regular funds.’
- ‘A closed-end fund is a mutual fund whose shares trade on the stock exchanges, just as a stock does.’
- ‘You can invest in mutual funds or individual stocks and decide how much risk you want to take with your savings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.