One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The girl continued to gaze back at him mutely, expressing no reaction.’
- ‘I nod mutely and watch as she exits, closing the door softly behind her.’
- ‘Jim held onto his father and kept staring mutely into the microphone.’
- ‘I mutely watched as a silent battle of wills raged between the two, glad for once I wasn't a part of it.’
- ‘We both nodded mutely and silently returned to the den to talk it over with each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.