One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official list of officers and men in a military unit or ship's company.
- ‘First, such studies often rely on muster rolls and other records of attendance to determine soldiers' actions.’
- ‘Less than half of the participants in this undeclared war had their names on recruitment lists or regimental muster rolls.’
- ‘Also seized were muster rolls - details of the four ships' crews, including names, ranks, salaries and places of birth.’
- ‘At the end of the war, 359,000 names appeared on Confederate muster rolls, but only 160,000 were on active duty, and of those, only 126,000 were present for duty.’
- ‘The muster rolls for the ships that fought reveal the diversity of their ages and skills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.