One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The leaves of the mustard plant used in salads.
- ‘Gently toss both types of asparagus, figs and mustard greens with some vinaigrette.’
- ‘This diet suggests daily doses of fresh vegetables, including turnips, mustard greens, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, bok choy, ginger root and sea vegetables.’
- ‘Some vegetables in this category include cabbage, collards, kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard greens, turnips and radishes.’
- ‘French Canadians, Americans, and Costa Ricans, together we happily eat our farm salad of mustard greens, lettuce, hibiscus leaves and sprouts.’
- ‘To keep your digestive juices flowing, try adding salads to your diet that are made from bitter greens such as dandelions, escarole, watercress and mustard greens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.