One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or having a smell or taste of musk, or suggestive of musk.
- ‘Alongside the clean, sweet musky smell, it has an earthy rawness.’
- ‘Seth leaned over my shoulder to check my work, and I could smell his musky cologne.’
- ‘River otters have paired scent glands at the base of their tail which give off a heavy, musky smell.’
- ‘It smells clean and musky, like a gentle cologne, and makes a nice change from the antiseptic smell of medicinal products.’
- ‘A earthy, musky smell exuded from the forest that now surrounded him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.