One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A large semiaquatic North American rodent with a musky smell, valued for its fur.
- ‘Look for tracks of muskrats, minks, beavers, and river otters in the mud.’
- ‘Their diet consists mainly of fish, but they also eat insects, frogs, and occasionally small mammals such as muskrats.’
- ‘The region teemed with muskrat, beaver, wolverine, otter, wolf, fox and bear.’
- ‘With his hunting experience, he introduced trapping lures for mink, muskrats, fox, beaver, bobcats, coyotes and wolves.’
- ‘Other animals that may carry and transmit the disease include beavers, muskrats, water and field voles, water and wood rats, squirrels, and lemmings.’
- 1.1 The fur of the muskrat.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.