One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large heavily built goat-antelope with a thick shaggy coat and large curved horns, native to the tundra of North America and Greenland.
Ovibos moschatus, family Bovidae
- ‘There are also some familiar faces, such as the musk ox, cougar and bison, that have survived the test of time.’
- ‘We had seen whales, narwhals, polar bear, seals, walrus, musk ox, and countless other natural wonders.’
- ‘In North America, bison, pronghorn, and musk ox have increased this past century.’
- ‘One section of the river was named after the numerous musk ox grazing along its banks.’
- ‘Wolves primarily hunt in packs for large prey such as moose, elk, bison, musk oxen, and reindeer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.