One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edible melon of a type that has a raised network of markings on the skin. Its many varieties include those with orange, yellow, green, or white juicy flesh.
- ‘Netted melons, popularly called cantaloupes by Americans, are actually musk melons.’
- ‘In a blender or a food processor purée musk melon along with ginger and mint leaves.’
- ‘Cantaloupe melons are also known as musk melons and are an excellent source of vitamin A and beta carotene.’
- ‘I don't think we will plant watermelon again as it takes up quite a bit of room and we prefer many of the musk melons and would rather devote room to them.’
- ‘Water melons and musk melons not only have an alkalizing effect on the body but also provide the body with essential fluids that it needs for performing various tasks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.