Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An edible melon of a type that has a raised network of markings on the skin. Its many varieties include those with orange, yellow, green, or white juicy flesh.
- ‘Cantaloupe melons are also known as musk melons and are an excellent source of vitamin A and beta carotene.’
- ‘In a blender or a food processor purée musk melon along with ginger and mint leaves.’
- ‘Water melons and musk melons not only have an alkalizing effect on the body but also provide the body with essential fluids that it needs for performing various tasks.’
- ‘Netted melons, popularly called cantaloupes by Americans, are actually musk melons.’
- ‘I don't think we will plant watermelon again as it takes up quite a bit of room and we prefer many of the musk melons and would rather devote room to them.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.