A person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented.‘your father was a fine musician’‘aspiring rock and pop musicians’
player, performer, instrumentalist, accompanist, soloist, virtuoso, maestro, conductorcomposerminstrelView synonyms
- ‘She is a talented singer and musician and she works very hard at it.’
- ‘He is, without doubt, the most talented musician I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.’
- ‘Is it time to worry that the respected and talented musician is losing his skills?’
- ‘He was a very talented musician and he was a pleasure to be with in the studio.’
- ‘In the old days, a talented brass musician would often be given a job at Rowntree's purely to play in the band.’
Late Middle English: from Old French musicien, from Latin musica (see music).