One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A videotaped performance of a recorded popular song, usually accompanied by dancing and visual images interpreting the lyrics.
- ‘He will ultimately be judged on six short films, a music video and a final 20 minute picture.’
- ‘He pulled it off nicely, although it did always look as if he had just walked out of some rapper's music video.’
- ‘If you have a chance to watch the music video for this song it is worth it.’
- ‘In 1999 he took part in a Chinese music video in which he sings and dances.’
- ‘She sang along with her song, performing the dance that was on the music video for it flawlessly.’
- ‘So I went to their site, checked out their music video, and had to watch it about three times.’
- ‘It is widely regarded as the record which kick-started the popularity of the music video.’
- ‘The way a style gets popular is if a rapper or actor wears it in a music video or at an awards show.’
- ‘The world premiere of the music video for the dance song will immediately follow.’
- ‘There is also a four minute documentary featurette on the making of the music video.’
- ‘He's teaming up with one of the hottest stars in prime time for his new music video.’
- ‘The result was music video for people who want to make fun of music video.’
- ‘Also included is a music video of the sappy pop song that plays in the credits.’
- ‘At one time, just having the ability to make something called a music video was an outright anomaly.’
- ‘Haven't they seen what happens when moral watchdogs condemn a scandalous music video?’
- ‘They have a music video featuring them, rocking out in a van across Vancouver, hunted by UFOs and dragons.’
- ‘And because it's in the public domain, anyone can borrow pieces of it to make a music video, comic short, or other art.’
- ‘Are you just taking pictures of the grand kids at Christmas or are you putting together your bands' first music video?’
- ‘Aided by digital graphics and other powerful tools, animation can enliven anything, from a movie to a music video.’
- ‘His band is shooting their first music video, although technically the group is not actually filming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.