One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the musculature and skeleton together.
- ‘Tension-type headache may be stress related or associated with functional or structural cervical or cranial musculoskeletal abnormality.’
- ‘The link between musculoskeletal pain and systemic disturbance is often not made until the infection worsens, causing severe localised pain or refusal to weight bear.’
- ‘Leg length discrepancies have been implicated in a number of musculoskeletal hip and leg injuries.’
- ‘The cardiovascular, abdominal, skin, musculoskeletal, and neurologic exams were all normal.’
- ‘Topical agents can be useful in treating cutaneous and musculoskeletal pain.’
- ‘His chest pain was worse with movement and pressure over the left upper chest and was obviously of musculoskeletal origin.’
- ‘The commonest reported problems are those of the musculoskeletal and cardiovascular systems.’
- ‘Rates of early retirement were higher in jobs likely to involve more manual work (mostly because of musculoskeletal problems).’
- ‘The book is easy to read with sound and updated information covering all essential aspects of conventional radiology in musculoskeletal system.’
- ‘Improper form can increase the stress on the musculoskeletal system and predispose the player to injury.’
- ‘Recognition of the burden of musculoskeletal conditions will result in greater awareness of the pervasive effects they have on individuals and of their cost to society.’
- ‘An evaluation is necessary to determine if the pain is the result of a musculoskeletal injury or part of a systemic problem.’
- ‘The most common complaint is headache, followed by recurrent abdominal pain and musculoskeletal pain.’
- ‘The performance of these tasks exposes nurses to increased risk for work-related musculoskeletal disorders.’
- ‘The incidence of deep musculoskeletal infection from open fractures has been reported to be as high as 23 percent.’
- ‘Side effects included skin changes, transient headaches, hyperlipidemia, and musculoskeletal pains.’
- ‘Rehabilitation of these patients is complicated by musculoskeletal pain, which occurs commonly in the incision site or the back.’
- ‘Foot ulcers can be caused by arterial insufficiency, diabetes mellitus, neuropathy, musculoskeletal disorders, or injury.’
- ‘Fibromyalgia should be considered in any patient with musculoskeletal pain that is unrelated to a clearly defined anatomic lesion.’
- ‘Additional questions should focus on any history of neurologic or musculoskeletal problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.