One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary condition marked by progressive weakening and wasting of the muscles.
- ‘A muscle biopsy performed 27 years ago was interpreted as showing changes consistent with muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘Heart muscles and some other involuntary muscles are also affected in some forms of muscular dystrophy, and a few forms involve other organs as well.’
- ‘His interest is in gene treatments for muscular dystrophy and muscle aging.’
- ‘Blood tests may be conducted to rule out other conditions that may have some similar symptoms, such as muscular dystrophy and brain tumours.’
- ‘A number of British fertility clinics are already testing embryos for inherited conditions like muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘Studies in a mouse model of muscular dystrophy suggest that some diaphragmatic function is preserved until late in the disease.’
- ‘A diagnosis of chronic respiratory failure due to Duchenne's muscular dystrophy was made.’
- ‘Many kids with muscular dystrophy also have weakened heart and respiratory muscles.’
- ‘For this reason, X-linked conditions like hemophilia or muscular dystrophy are expressed in sons and transmitted by physically normal carrier mothers.’
- ‘It's a rare form of muscular dystrophy called disautonomic myocondrial myopathy.’
- ‘The pool caters for people suffering from a range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, brain damage, muscular dystrophy and arthritis.’
- ‘Understanding of inherited conditions such as cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and haemophilia will also be greatly improved.’
- ‘Therefore, chromosome studies are not recommended for patients who are thought to have a single gene disorder such as cystic fibrosis or muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘Duchenne's muscular dystrophy is a severe, debilitating, and progressive muscle wasting disease.’
- ‘It's used to help determine muscle conditions that might be causing muscle weakness, including muscular dystrophy and nerve disorders.’
- ‘This type of scoliosis occurs as a result of a condition which affects the nerves or muscles of the back, such as cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘His muscular dystrophy condition means that he is physically disabled, but inside there's this electrical storm buzzing away.’
- ‘Duchenne muscular dystrophy is an X linked disorder affecting approximately 1 in 3500 male live births.’
- ‘Researchers hope the findings can be used to help fight against muscle diseases, like muscular dystrophy.’
- ‘The symptoms of muscular dystrophy depend on the muscle groups first affected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.