One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting mice or related rodents.
Murine rodents belong to the family Muridae, in particular the subfamily Murinae of the Old World
- ‘Some parts seem to be like bird or avian viruses, while other bits are similar to bovine or murine viruses.’
- ‘We have demonstrated the utility of our approaches by examining developmental changes in the murine mammary gland during the transition to puberty.’
- ‘We examined these effects on the recovery of divergence dates within anthropoid primates and between two murine rodents, the mouse and the rat.’
- ‘The derivation of murine embryonic stem cells were first reported in 1981.’
- ‘All mice were housed in a pathogen-free barrier facility in which sentinel mice were periodically monitored for common murine pathogens.’
Early 17th century: from Latin murinus, from mus, mur- ‘mouse’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.