One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who commits murder; a killer.‘convicted murderers’
killer, liquidator, terminator, slaughtererView synonyms
- ‘They're a charming trio, even if two are murderers and the other is an expert forger and financial trickster.’
- ‘Many of my fellow students thought that murderers should have the same done unto them as they had done to others, an eye for an eye.’
- ‘The existence of such draconian punishment is a reflection of a culture that has no time for thieves and murderers.’
- ‘I expect more people could name one or more of the murderers than even one of the people they murdered.’
- ‘It is so easy to say that murderers should be hanged, but what if they have been framed, or the evidence isn't up to scratch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.