A person who commits murder; a killer.‘convicted murderers’
killer, liquidator, terminator, slaughtererhomicideslayerView synonyms
- ‘The existence of such draconian punishment is a reflection of a culture that has no time for thieves and murderers.’
- ‘Many of my fellow students thought that murderers should have the same done unto them as they had done to others, an eye for an eye.’
- ‘They're a charming trio, even if two are murderers and the other is an expert forger and financial trickster.’
- ‘I expect more people could name one or more of the murderers than even one of the people they murdered.’
- ‘It is so easy to say that murderers should be hanged, but what if they have been framed, or the evidence isn't up to scratch.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.