Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for wheelchair rugby
- ‘I know you guys aren't afraid of playing murderball, but are your families worried about you reinjuring yourself at all?’
- ‘The world of quad rugby - murderball as it's sometimes called - is a violent, macho world.’
- ‘At Bath I learnt how to play murderball (like rugby but it hurts more), which I've never had the urge to want to play since.’
- ‘Instead of letting his partial paralysis become his recognizable characteristic, he lets his playing persona speak on the murderball court.’
- ‘The program this week is on the remarkable game of wheelchair rugby, known to many of its enthusiasts as murderball.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.