One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I left the San Francisco murals scene a few years later, tired of its supposedly socially-conscious artists backbiting and claim-jumping for grants, feeling that too many muralists only did artwork when a check arrived.’
- ‘They represent part of a conscious celebration of Mesoamerican aesthetics shared with the muralists and other artists working in post-revolutionary Mexico on a nationalist project.’
- ‘I have often heard artists credit their grandparents or parents who were potters or carvers, muralists or weavers, traditional healers, praise singers or storytellers.’
- ‘The vitality, reliance on linear profile and formal gesture remind me quite strongly of Mexican muralists like Diego Rivera and the graffiti artists of the 80s and 90s.’
- ‘My grandfather though, was a muralist in Ireland and he worked painting the saints and religious scenes in churches across the land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.