One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A two-tiered, pedimented veranda on the center front features a plain balustrade and four wooden pillars on both levels with a diamond muntined window in the pediment.’
- ‘The muntined windows and doors also suit the new cottagey exterior.’
- ‘The architectural features of the new office buildings are drawn from the historic manor house, including muntined windows, stucco and other period details.’
- ‘The original Greek Revival appearance is retained in general by the muntined window sash, regular fenestration, and rusticated brownstone basement.’
- ‘Gables, rafter tails, three sturdy pillars and muntined windows all combine to give this home the warm feeling of the American Arts and Crafts movement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.