The quality or action of being lavishly generous; great generosity.‘we must be thankful for his munificence’
generosity, bountifulness, open-handedness, magnanimity, magnanimousness, princeliness, lavishness, free-handedness, liberality, philanthropy, charity, charitableness, largesse, big-heartedness, beneficence, benevolencebounty, bounteousnessView synonyms
- ‘One of the qualities of kingship was munificence, and generosity was always an important attribute of power.’
- ‘Hindsight indicates this apparent munificence, touted as liberalism and entrenching constitutionally supported freedom of speech, wasn't primarily for our benefit.’
- ‘Roman towns were grid-planned and their character created by a combination of official Roman involvement and acts of public munificence by wealthy locals desirous of increasing their chances of attaining public office.’
- ‘But thanks to the munificence shown by philanthropists, some of these children have begun to lead a life filled with pride and joy.’
- ‘The town became famous and benefited from the munificence of those it helped in the form of fine public buildings.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.