One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First of all, she's a mumbler, so I really have to strain to hear her.’
- ‘I'd have to say that my experience at the Annual General Meeting of our student society was marked by mumblers of the most extraordinary kind.’
- ‘For a start the singer's no mumbler, he's got a great melodic voice and there's nothing remotely depressing about them.’
- ‘And I'm not insisting the whisperers, mumblers, droners and mic-dummies of this world be barred from reading their own poetry out loud.’
- ‘His lack of progress was due partly to his failings as a public speaker: he was a mumbler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.