One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device consisting of two amplifying transistors or valves, each with its output connected to the input of the other, producing an oscillatory signal.
- ‘A bistable multivibrator, which is controlled by the voltage that is induced by the rotor in the instantaneously currentless winding phase, is provided for alternatingly switching on the two winding phases.’
- ‘Those monostable multivibrators were simple timer circuits which put out a pulse with width directly proportional to the joystick resistance value.’
- ‘The pulse detector is classified as a monostable multivibrator because it has only one stable state.’
- ‘Like the astable multivibrator, one transistor conducts and the other cuts off when the circuit is energized.’
- ‘This circuit does not have the monostable multivibrator macro between the switch bounce waveform and the counter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.