One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large university with many different departments.
- ‘Against the backdrop of tremendous socio-economic change, expanding enrolments, the development of the multiversity and student radicalism, he singled out higher learning as a stabilizing force.’
- ‘It's not a traditional university - it's a multiversity as it has many dimensions to it, not just one.’
- ‘Recently, one of the many publications devoted to sorting and ranking colleges and universities named a campus in my home multiversity as the ‘most beautiful in the nation.’’
- ‘The multiversity has said it would provide economic development, social and medical healing, truth, beauty, and, for the young, freedom and social mobility.’
- ‘The concept of the multiversity is alive and strong today, and for that matter is a paradigm that is rarely questioned.’
- ‘The new multiversity, as he named the complex, was also being transformed into a knowledge industry.’
- ‘As the twentieth century drew to a close, the idea of the multiversity proved to have additional problems.’
- ‘Forget the university, here comes the lopsided multiversity.’
- ‘But it held onto aspects of the critique of the multiversity and student passivity from its headier past.’
Early 20th century: from multi- + a shortened form of university.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.