One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting or relating to computer hardware or software products or network services from more than one supplier.
- ‘Each vendor claims to manage multivendor networks the best.’
- ‘These vendors often run into serious problems making multivendor gear work together and keeping application performance high in a complex set up.’
- ‘These multitechnology, multivendor systems are already enabling next-gen devices to succeed in terms of performance, reliability and manageability.’
- ‘The four storage system vendors have signed bilateral cooperative support agreements intended to simplify joint customer support in multivendor environments.’
- ‘But he added that the operator prefers multivendor relationships in most categories.’
- ‘Today, a better trained staff is capable of making some programming changes to an interoperable, multivendor system.’
- ‘Still uncertain are the prospects for true multivendor cooperation.’
- ‘If you're working in a multivendor environment, this program may not be a good choice.’
- ‘More work and expertise may be required to specify a multivendor open system.’
- ‘The wide adoption of the standard will ensure worldwide multivendor interoperability with the Ethernet installed base while simplifying connection management.’
- ‘Neither standard dominates the building automation industry, though both intend to ease multivendor system connectivity.’
- ‘And the new model for the Internet is the multivendor approach.’
- ‘Like any multivendor process, there will be complex politics and technological debate along the way, and this one even involves multiple standards bodies.’
- ‘Both companies are developing advanced multivendor management software but, as of yet, their products do not overlap.’
- ‘Networks will grow even more multivendor and multiservice in nature.’
- ‘The primary reason is that its solution is an all-in - one software-based system, which negates the need for a complex and inefficient multivendor environment.’
- ‘Standards allow a service provider to create a multivendor network of best-of-breed products.’
- ‘The documents we've seen, however, do lay out some of the most concrete plans yet as to how any vendor hopes to pull off managing multivendor gear.’
- ‘Eventually, it will be mandatory for various network elements to be able to signal each other to dynamically establish paths through a multivendor network.’
- ‘This rigorous set of demands dictates that a new breed of technology solutions be used to simplify the integration of multivendor business applications and vast amounts of decentralized data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.