Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involving two or more variable quantities.
- ‘Of course multivariate approximation includes methods other than radial basis functions.’
- ‘In multivariate analyses, dummy variables are used to control for gender.’
- ‘However, neither approach has any of the desirable properties of a multivariate statistical model.’
- ‘These measures were used to create the study's control variable in the multivariate analyses.’
- ‘The log scale exposure index was treated as a continuous variable in multivariate analyses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.