Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Involving two or more variable quantities.
- ‘However, neither approach has any of the desirable properties of a multivariate statistical model.’
- ‘In multivariate analyses, dummy variables are used to control for gender.’
- ‘Of course multivariate approximation includes methods other than radial basis functions.’
- ‘These measures were used to create the study's control variable in the multivariate analyses.’
- ‘The log scale exposure index was treated as a continuous variable in multivariate analyses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.