Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nountrademark in UK
Functionality allowing a touch screen, trackpad, etc., to register multiple points of contact made on the surface simultaneously.
- ‘However, they said they expected a full touchscreen device with multitouch in the future.’
- ‘Multitouch is also supported, with pinch and twist gestures for zooming and rotating.’
- ‘I'm stoked that even though the new touchpad looks the same and is the same size, it's loaded with multitouch!’
- ‘The multitouch is pretty shoddy, and the refresh rate is not too good on the screen.’
- ‘Now, it's rivals are scrambling to add multitouch to notebooks, phones, and other digital gadgets.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.