Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Made up relating to people of several or many races.‘multiracial education’
global, worldwide, intercontinentalView synonyms
- ‘He considers it a virtue that America is a multiracial society.’
- ‘In our multiracial society, it is an oversimplification to treat the inequality of income and wealth as a racial problem.’
- ‘I am very lucky, I never felt really different being a fat girl with multiracial brothers and immigrant adoptive parents.’
- ‘Her response has been to write the Africa she knows, which is multiracial, multicultural, and complex.’
- ‘London is a cosmopolitan city with a multitude of cultures stemming from its multiracial population.’
- ‘Indonesia is a multiracial, multiethnic, multireligious state.’
- ‘We live in a multiracial, multicultural society.’
- ‘He built a multiracial meritocracy that insists on tolerance, lawfulness and freedom from crime.’
- ‘The crowd, which is multiracial, ranges from white men with shaved heads to Bangladeshis with gold-capped teeth.’
- ‘Malaysia needs multiracial tolerance as much as Singapore does.’
- ‘It is a disgrace that this race hatred event can go ahead while two multiracial and peaceful events are banned.’
- ‘This is due to the lack of resources to address the unique challenges and difficulties multiracial children go through.’
- ‘A fourth choice is to identify simply as multiracial or as mixed race without signifying specific races.’
- ‘At the same time, how will the growing number of multiracial kids change our definitions of race?’
- ‘The lack of minorities in popular culture affects multiracial people the most because we have no role models with whom to relate.’
- ‘It is a multiracial country and we have been able to keep the races living harmoniously together, and that is for us a great achievement.’
- ‘When this team won the last World Cup, just before Bastille Day in 1998, they seemed the perfect advertisement for a multiracial France.’
- ‘TransAfrica played a leading role in the worldwide campaign to turn South Africa into a multiracial democracy.’
- ‘It was the first time the census included multiracial options.’
- ‘Its relatively peaceful transition from apartheid to multiracial democracy was rightly hailed as a miracle.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.