One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer with more than one central processor.
- ‘The architectural differences between shared-memory multiprocessors and distributed-memory multiprocessors have implications on how each is programmed.’
- ‘In a multiprocessor system, a shielded CPU is a CPU dedicated to the activities associated with high-priority real-time tasks.’
- ‘Because multiprocessor servers put a larger strain on the memory subsystem, increased amounts of on-chip cache can help alleviate that load.’
- ‘Dedicated multiprocessor rackmount computers are easily the cheapest way to add processing power to a cluster.’
- ‘In multiprocessor machines, multiple threads are an efficient way for application developers to utilize the parallelism of the hardware.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.