One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The running of two or more programs or sequences of instructions simultaneously by a computer with more than one central processor.
- ‘In multiprocessing operating systems such as Linux, the system never is dormant.’
- ‘I suspect it has something to do with the multiprocessing or a higher frequency frontside bus.’
- ‘Symmetric multiprocessing set-ups usually involve dual configurations, although more processors can be catered for.’
- ‘For these applications, there's no performance boost to be had in a multiprocessing system.’
- ‘Symmetrical multiprocessing and superclustering are not new concepts, of course.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.