Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The running of two or more programs or sequences of instructions simultaneously by a computer with more than one central processor.
- ‘Symmetric multiprocessing set-ups usually involve dual configurations, although more processors can be catered for.’
- ‘Symmetrical multiprocessing and superclustering are not new concepts, of course.’
- ‘In multiprocessing operating systems such as Linux, the system never is dormant.’
- ‘I suspect it has something to do with the multiprocessing or a higher frequency frontside bus.’
- ‘For these applications, there's no performance boost to be had in a multiprocessing system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.