One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a question on a test) accompanied by several possible answers from which the candidate must try to choose the correct one.
- ‘The multiple-choice questions do not give the opportunity for the student to convey his mastery on the subject.’
- ‘As well as answering multiple-choice questions, entrants had to compose an essay on why they would be a good scientist.’
- ‘A bunch of multiple-choice questions were supposed to determine what our skills were and which fields we would be suited for.’
- ‘The examination consists of 200 multiple-choice questions, and test takers have four hours to complete it.’
- ‘All visitors need to do is to answer a set of multiple-choice questions, which ask participants to describe their conditions.’
- ‘I was supposed to read a poem and then answer multiple-choice questions about what it meant.’
- ‘They had to choose from a list of multiple-choice questions, which creates debate amongst the group about these issues.’
- ‘The first set of 25 multiple-choice questions must be completed in 30 minutes.’
- ‘Self-assessment tasks and multiple-choice questions are built into each lesson to measure the students' level of understanding.’
- ‘The question paper will consist of multiple-choice questions in Physics, Mathematics and Basics of Astronomy.’
- ‘This indicates that the multiple-choice and essay questions are examining a slightly different set of skills.’
- ‘Typically they involve multiple-choice questions with no right or wrong answers, but the results mean little without proper interpretation.’
- ‘You will be asked to complete an online registration form and launch a tutorial which involves correctly answering some multiple-choice questions.’
- ‘For the first eleven multiple-choice questions, icons were paired with each answer.’
- ‘After answering a series of multiple-choice questions, he got a return phone call saying he had been selected to participate on the program.’
- ‘Eight basic multiple-choice questions were used.’
- ‘Most of the 36 questions were structured, multiple-choice questions.’
- ‘And to finish up the course, all students must take a 40-question multiple-choice exam.’
- ‘Now, this time around, I've made it a little easier for you by including some multiple-choice questions.’
- ‘The Basic Skills Tests in the primary and junior secondary years employ multiple-choice questions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.