Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting or relating to a video game designed for or involving several players.
- ‘Moreover, the multiplayer component is being designed to be friendly to the mod community.’
- ‘What's a company to do once it has created the most popular massively multiplayer online RPG in the world?’
- ‘It has some of the most intensive graphics currently available, and is a fun game to play against others with its multiplayer design.’
- ‘For example, we know of gamers what will play massively multiplayer online games in a window, while running other tasks at the same time.’
- ‘The game's level design is extremely linear in both the single player and multiplayer levels.’
- ‘What were the major considerations and goals in designing the multiplayer aspect?’
- ‘Developers then often add some form of multiplayer component, so like-minded players can kill each other across the World Wide Web.’
- ‘Perhaps the most radical feature is the division of the title into a single player adventure and a multiplayer component.’
- ‘As well, you can have six players involved on a multiplayer map instead of four.’
- ‘Designing a massive multiplayer game has to do with a lot of technical knowledge and experience.’
- ‘It's a shame because, with its stunning visuals, intelligent gameplay and interesting multiplayer modes, it deserves to reach as wide an audience as possible.’
- ‘This is very handy if you are interested in the aspects of trading with other players using the multiplayer game.’
- ‘Both products promise a multiplayer mode to single player products released beforehand.’
- ‘The company claims near photo-realistic graphics and sufficient scalability for ‘massively multiplayer games.’’
- ‘We also intend to periodically post additional multiplayer maps for free download on our official website.’
- ‘Finally, there's the game's multiplayer mode, which allows for split screen or online competitive racing.’
- ‘Finally, in the great realm of multiplayer gameplay, there will be a lot of new features.’
- ‘You can either play the single player mission maps or explore the included special multiplayer maps.’
- ‘Video games connect to the network to enable multiplayer gaming.’
- ‘That should be taken out of the interface altogether, it only belongs there in multiplayer games.’
A multimedia computer and home entertainment system that integrates a number of conventional and interactive audio and video functions with those of a computer.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.