One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of a woman) having borne more than one child.
- ‘Not surprisingly, primiparous women had higher cortisol levels than multiparous women, and lactation started earlier among the multiparous women whatever the mode of delivery.’
- ‘The caesarean rate for intended home births was 8.3% among primiparous women and 1.6% among multiparous women.’
- ‘Primiparous and multiparous women were analysed separately, as were elective and emergency caesarean sections.’
- ‘Only one in four nulliparous women and just over one half of multiparous women with this presentation achieve a spontaneous vaginal delivery.’
- ‘High-dose regimens may be used for multiparous women, but no data support the use of high-dose oxytocin regimens for augmentation in a patient with a previously scarred uterus.’
- 1.1Zoology Producing more than one young at a birth.
- ‘The behavior of six multiparous sows per pen, bedded on straw, was recorded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.