One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving many levels.
- ‘As there are only four boards in Northern Ireland, we used dummy variables in the single level regression equations to control for this rather than multilevel modelling.’
- ‘Unusual boxes, old instrument cases, multilevel toolboxes and free-standing garment bags are used for toy setups.’
- ‘His lending is based on a multilevel reading system, based on trust.’
- ‘It is symbolic, allegorical and multilevelled in meaning.’
- ‘Building size varied from one-floor shack houses, two-story mansions, and multilevel apartment and office buildings.’
- ‘Lastly, school effects research could be strengthened through longitudinal studies, possibility through multilevel modeling.’
- ‘Most people accommodate a complex system of multilevel, multidimensional, semi-compartmentalized beliefs and values.’
- ‘Note any indications of multilevel thinking or thought patterns that are advanced for their age group.’
- ‘Garuda's 11-storey multilevel parking and two levels of basement parking will be able to accommodate 1,000 cars.’
- ‘Up to that point the audience is treated to a very interesting multilevel interpretation of Romeo and Juliet set in a Catholic boys school.’
- ‘One can conclude that European regional governance is likely to develop further in multilevel and asymmetrical directions.’
- ‘Incremental backups are scheduled in a multilevel fashion, with the baseline for a given level being the previous lower-level backup.’
- ‘The most basic and important concept the two writers share is the notion of literature as mystery, as multilevelled expression with hidden meanings.’
- ‘Essentially, the site is unconsolidated river silt which can present problems for multilevel buildings and will result in expensive extra foundation work.’
- ‘The first was using multilevel curriculum, which called for students to learn the same curriculum content but with different expectations for outcome.’
- ‘Yet despite attempts to reduce adverse events through multilevel interventions and information technology, widespread change in the culture of health care remains elusive.’
- ‘Computer vendors now are building commercial operating systems with mandatory access controls and multilevel security.’
- ‘Potential biases caused by violation of the assumption of independence of observations at the client level were avoided using multilevel models.’
- ‘In summary, while multilevel analysis does have limitations that cannot be ignored, it is an important tool for determining contextual effects.’
- ‘In multilevel modeling, coefficients from one level of analysis are passed on to the next.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.