One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Indeed, the importance of the distinction between unilateral and multilateral is often overstated, since all countries pursue their interests both unilaterally and multilaterally.’
- ‘Every issue need not be dealt with multilaterally.’
- ‘And I thought the president did well tonight, with a quiet tone and a lot of information and a stress on the need to act multilaterally if possible.’
- ‘The six parties undertook to promote economic cooperation in the fields of energy, trade and investment, bilaterally and/or multilaterally.’
- ‘Western Europeans want to believe that all international disputes can be resolved amicably, or as they call it, diplomatically, and multilaterally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.