One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving two or more fetuses.‘multifetal pregnancy’
- ‘Primarily a disorder of first pregnancies, it also occurs in many other settings, including multifetal gestations, chronic hypertension, and pregestational diabetes.’
- ‘Finally, although huge efforts are now being made to counteract multifetal pregnancy rates through elective single embryo transfer, the multiple birth epidemic may continue as a result of the wide use of ovulation inducing agents.’
- ‘Pressure has mounted to decrease the number of embryos transferred in pregnancy attempts, because multifetal gestations are associated with serious health risks for mothers and children.’
- ‘In high order multiple pregnancies (triplets or greater) multifetal pregnancy reduction confers a clear benefit in terms of perinatal outcome.’
- ‘Gestational hypertension is more common in nulliparous women and in those with multifetal gestation or a history of preeclampsia.’
- ‘Research has shown that multifetal pregnancies increase the risk of premature delivery, low birth weight, and other complications that can lead to developmental problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.