One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving two or more fetuses.‘multifetal pregnancy’
- ‘In high order multiple pregnancies (triplets or greater) multifetal pregnancy reduction confers a clear benefit in terms of perinatal outcome.’
- ‘Finally, although huge efforts are now being made to counteract multifetal pregnancy rates through elective single embryo transfer, the multiple birth epidemic may continue as a result of the wide use of ovulation inducing agents.’
- ‘Pressure has mounted to decrease the number of embryos transferred in pregnancy attempts, because multifetal gestations are associated with serious health risks for mothers and children.’
- ‘Research has shown that multifetal pregnancies increase the risk of premature delivery, low birth weight, and other complications that can lead to developmental problems.’
- ‘Primarily a disorder of first pregnancies, it also occurs in many other settings, including multifetal gestations, chronic hypertension, and pregestational diabetes.’
- ‘Gestational hypertension is more common in nulliparous women and in those with multifetal gestation or a history of preeclampsia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.