One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Employing or possessing many television or communications channels.
- ‘Still, there is no question that other activities are taking up listeners' time, thanks to the growth of electronic games and multichannel cable and satellite television.’
- ‘As multichannel television has moved into six in every 10 homes, there has been a gentle decline in the number of programmes we all see together and dis - cuss afterwards.’
- ‘With the rise of the internet and multichannel TV on cable and satellite, whole channels have been targeted at this or that niche market, from cookery to cars.’
- ‘In his time, in 1967, the multichannel television system was introduced.’
- ‘But there's more to do in the evolution of cable from a multichannel video provider to a provider of voice, video and data services as part of a broadband package.’
- ‘The boards provide a 250kHz maximum sample rate in single and multichannel scans at any gain setting.’
- ‘Above all, it needs to recognise that it has two main radio stations, and that they compete in a multichannel radio world.’
- ‘If you have two viable multichannel video providers in your market, you can get better deals.’
- ‘In the multichannel age more outlets than ever are chasing the same viewers among the nation's children.’
- ‘But now the magic formula is lost forever in the new free-market multichannel onslaught and it is the viewers who, ultimately, have paid for it.’
- ‘For those who train the staff of multichannel contact centers, the implications of these changes in customer expectations are significant.’
- ‘They want to buy a product that will enable them to get the latest and greatest in multichannel video entertainment.’
- ‘Kids channels are a mainstay of multichannel television anyway.’
- ‘The biggest blessing of multichannel TV is the ability to avoid sport.’
- ‘This new multichannel world became possible through technological change, as cable and satellite could deliver potentially vast numbers of channels to homes.’
- ‘This integration of single and multichannel communications provides a networking capability that was previously non existent.’
- ‘With plenty of awards and solid ratings, cable's best programmers are ushering in a new era in multichannel television.’
- ‘Moreover, effective multichannel customer service attracts new customers and increases revenue.’
- ‘The Internet represents just another distribution channel in a complex multichannel strategy.’
- ‘The claim that all this stems from the needs of competition in a multichannel environment is always trotted out, but it has never been explained why this required the ending of much that was best about the programme content.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.