One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organism or part) having or consisting of many cells.
- ‘What caused the delay of over a billion years in the evolution of multicellular animals after the evolution of single cell eukaryotes?’
- ‘The evolution of multicellular animals from unicellular protists is one of the key transitions of life on Earth.’
- ‘Not only are cells in multicellular organisms specialized, they are precisely arrayed in particular spatial patterns.’
- ‘Flowering plants are multicellular organisms where cell division plays a significant role in growth and development.’
- ‘Thus, for instance, all the cells in a multicellular organism represent one clone derived from the fertilized egg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.