One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular A sunflowerlike composite plant of the western US, with large oval leaves.
- ‘Other species include purple fritillary, Sierra iris, crimson columbine, slim larkspur, two kinds of lupines, mosquito-bills, and woolly mule ears.’
- ‘Regardless of how you learn, the mule ears are a great group because they grow easily and put out an abundance of flowers.’
- ‘There are nine species of Indian paintbrush in Marin, two species of mule ears, three species of iris, two species of trillium, and five purplish larkspurs.’
- ‘In addition to poison oak, look for the large elliptical leaves of mule-ears (Wyethia helenoides) growing here.’
- ‘To left in front of the center group of mule ears are some blue flowers of silver lupine, lupinus argenteus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.