One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a warm day, and Anna was surprised to feel the mugginess in the air.’
- ‘It had been raining steadily for three hours now, and the mugginess that had haunted their steps this morning had been washed and replaced by a somewhat cold day, surprising in Arizona.’
- ‘The weather was beautiful and the sky a crisp blue contrast to the hazy mugginess of previous days.’
- ‘Various pieces of gear and belongings were scattered about, and a current of cool air broke the mugginess as it swept into the giant open window.’
- ‘The mugginess is making them all sweat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.