One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pan with cylindrical indentations used for baking cupcakes or muffins.
- ‘Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.’
- ‘American muffins, still extremely popular, are oven baked in muffin pans or cups and are served primarily for breakfast or as an accompaniment to dinner.’
- ‘The most time-consuming thing was, possibly, lining the muffin pan with paper cups.’
- ‘Spoon batter into muffin pan which has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, filling each cup ¾ full.’
- ‘Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup (batter will be heaping in the cup).’
- ‘Once it's ready, spoon the pudding into a clean muffin pan.’
- ‘For the chocolate cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.’
- ‘Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 180C for 35 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.