Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pan with cylindrical indentations used for baking cupcakes or muffins.
- ‘Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.’
- ‘Spoon batter into muffin pan which has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, filling each cup ¾ full.’
- ‘Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 180C for 35 minutes.’
- ‘Once it's ready, spoon the pudding into a clean muffin pan.’
- ‘Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup (batter will be heaping in the cup).’
- ‘American muffins, still extremely popular, are oven baked in muffin pans or cups and are served primarily for breakfast or as an accompaniment to dinner.’
- ‘The most time-consuming thing was, possibly, lining the muffin pan with paper cups.’
- ‘For the chocolate cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.