One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pan with cylindrical indentations used for baking cupcakes or muffins.
- ‘The most time-consuming thing was, possibly, lining the muffin pan with paper cups.’
- ‘Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.’
- ‘Spoon batter into muffin pan which has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, filling each cup ¾ full.’
- ‘Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 180C for 35 minutes.’
- ‘For the chocolate cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.’
- ‘Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup (batter will be heaping in the cup).’
- ‘Once it's ready, spoon the pudding into a clean muffin pan.’
- ‘American muffins, still extremely popular, are oven baked in muffin pans or cups and are served primarily for breakfast or as an accompaniment to dinner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.