One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of cereals (especially rolled oats), dried fruit, and nuts, typically eaten with milk at breakfast.
- ‘No muesli or fresh fruit on offer, but after a greasy breakfast roll and coffee on tap, I was feeling more awake.’
- ‘Otherwise, I'll prepare my own crunchy muesli by mixing prunes or apricot, honey, lemon and cloves with low-fat yogurt.’
- ‘He also makes his own muesli, of which my wife brought home a huge jar, having stuffed herself with it every morning at Kamogi.’
- ‘Granola, usually a conglomeration of oats, sugar, nuts and seeds, is essentially muesli, but without the dried fruit.’
- ‘In between mouthfuls of sausage, home-made bread, muffins, fresh fruit, yoghurt and muesli, we discussed the dive sites he would show me.’
- ‘Sure, you can still find shredded wheat, bran cereals, muesli, and other healthy standbys.’
- ‘We have organic muesli for breakfast, we eat up our greens (once or twice a week).’
- ‘At nine I have breakfast - muesli with soya milk.’
- ‘Recent research has found that eating oat-based breakfast cereals - muesli or porridge - can help reduce blood pressure.’
- ‘I try to eat the right foods - pasta, rice, fruit, muesli - at the right times, to keep my body in shape.’
- ‘Mango is good in any kind of fruit salad, in muesli, in freshly-made pancakes.’
- ‘They made the most interesting breakfast muesli I have had all year.’
- ‘At the weekend I might have some soaked muesli with grated apple, dried fruit, bananas and honey.’
- ‘Choose porridge, muesli or an egg rather than sugary cereals’
- ‘Porridge or muesli are the most sustaining of the cereals.’
- ‘He'd obviously had too much muesli for breakfast.’
- ‘I keep my muesli (Waitrose Luxury Fruit and Nut) in an airtight jar.’
- ‘It seems that those who like to eat cereal might do well to choose wholegrain cereals based on oats (such as muesli and porridge) and wheat.’
- ‘Porridge, muesli and oatcakes are all good sources.’
- ‘This morning, the team's breakfast would have included porridge or muesli with dried fruit and perhaps toast with scrambled egg or lean bacon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.