One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paste of fuller's earth or a similar substance, applied thickly to the face to improve the condition of the skin.
- ‘An hour south is the Blue Lagoon, a lake with steam vents that has been developed into a beach, healing bath, and beauty spa with deck chairs, a bar, a cafeteria, massages, mud packs, and even a gift shop.’
- ‘Among the treatments available is Rasul, a unique Asian treatment that includes a seaweed soap shower, medicinal mud pack, herbal steam bath and massage.’
- ‘The deal includes a medical check-up and four treatments a day, including hydromassage, algae bath, underwater showers, jet showers, algae and mud packs and the use of the aquagym.’
- ‘My therapist then massaged my calves, feet and ankles using an anti-stress body oil, before removing the mud pack with the hot towels again.’
- ‘Earthy people may benefit from connecting to the earth element via gardening, pottery, facial mud packs, etc.’
- ‘I know about cucumber, I know I hate mud packs - in fact gunk of any kind on my face is undesirable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.