One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for glycosaminoglycan
- ‘The members of this family hydrolyze sulfate ester bonds of a variety of compounds, including mucopolysaccharides, cerebrosides, and steroids.’
- ‘The enzyme is present in lysosomes, where it helps break down mucopolysaccharides.’
- ‘Retinol also functions in the synthesis of certain glycoproteins and mucopolysaccharides necessary for mucous production and normal growth regulation.’
- ‘We have done a study of mucoid degeneration of the meniscus; in brief, this malady is an excessive accumulation of mucopolysaccharides in the meniscal tissue.’
- ‘Heparin is a mucopolysaccharide produced by the body that's responsible for keeping your blood from clotting.’
- ‘The finding of large cavernous spaces filled with mucopolysaccharides is consistent with ischemic processes elsewhere in the central nervous system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.