One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or covered with mucus.
- ‘Tumors occurring during lactation were either totally or partly mucinous and were MUC2 positive.’
- ‘Therefore, we decided that we would reexamine any data that showed significant differences between the 2 sites, confining the analysis to well-differentiated mucinous carcinomas.’
- ‘No areas of necrosis, mucinous change, or hemorrhage were identified.’
- ‘Numerous mucinous microcysts, some with neutrophils within them, were present in the epithelium.’
- ‘Of the early-stage samples misclassified, 1 was serous and 3 were mucinous.’
- ‘Microscopic examination revealed a benign mucinous neoplasm with metaplastic bone formation and extensive chronic inflammation.’
- ‘Meconium and mucinous debris were also seen in the airways, along with the beginnings of an inflammatory response.’
- ‘The cyst contents can be mucinous, hemorrhagic, or necrotic with clear to turbid fluid.’
- ‘Fine-needle aspiration revealed the presence of fragments of adipose tissue and mucinous material with spindle cells.’
- ‘Minor salivary glands of mucinous type are also located in the nose, paranasal sinuses, the larynx, trachea and bronchi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.