One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for muon
- ‘The mu-meson is a heavy version of an electron and I had come to look at an even heavier version which played an essential role in determining G, the constant of gravitation.’
- ‘Discovered in 1935 by CarlAnderson, the mu-meson is now known to be a type of lepton, a particle similar to the ordinary electron, but more than two hundred times as heavy.’
- ‘It is a mistake to think that what is really, non-inferentially, observed is only the vapour trail and that the presence of mu-mesons is only inferred.’
- ‘What quantity, relative to the mu-mesons motion during its life time, would both observers agree upon, and what is its numerical value?’
- ‘A classic experiment on the time dilation phenomenon was performed by B. Rossi and D.B. Hall in 1941, using the mu-mesons produced by cosmic rays which enter the earth's atmosphere from outer space at relativistic speeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.