One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mild, semisoft white Italian cheese, often used in Italian cooking as a melted topping, especially on pizzas.
- ‘To turn this salad into a complete meal, add mozzarella cheese or blue cheese.’
- ‘It was a huge bowl filled with the thick spicy cold vegetable soup and contrasting soft white balls of mozzarella.’
- ‘Long gone are the days of cheddar cheese versus mozzarella, of white milk versus chocolate.’
- ‘Then you just layer on the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pepperoni or salami and put it back into the oven.’
- ‘Even eating a slice of Italian sausage pizza with extra mozzarella had become a patriotic act.’
- ‘The waiter sets down the plate of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil that we ordered.’
- ‘Place the sliced mozzarella on two of the slices of bread and top with the remaining slices to make two large cheese sandwiches.’
- ‘Ninety cents buys you a crispy slice of pizza with about a pound of cold, shredded mozzarella cheese on top.’
- ‘Down the road from the farm is the local co-operative dairy, where they make the famed mozzarella cheese from the buffalo milk.’
- ‘The mozzarella is usually made from cow's milk, sometimes from water buffalo's milk.’
- ‘Put half a teaspoon of mozzarella and tomato on top with a small trickle of pesto.’
- ‘I knew what was missing from last night's pasta and it wasn't mozzarella cheese.’
- ‘Serve hot, garnished with grated romano, cheddar, or mozzarella cheeses.’
- ‘Sales of cheese, especially mozzarella, have climbed over the past two years.’
- ‘We had salad with fresh mozzarella cheese and homemade dressing with peppercorn.’
- ‘In another bowl mix together zucchini and mozzarella cheese and set aside.’
- ‘Jayne enjoyed her dish which consisted of mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs, topped with mozzarella cheese and crispy bread crumbs.’
- ‘Hot Italian snacks, otherwise known as panini, came with chargrilled vegetables and mozzarella cheese or tuna melt.’
- ‘Top with a slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with oregano.’
- ‘Serve this as a light starter or with some slices of mozzarella as a main meal salad for vegetarians.’
Italian, diminutive of mozza, denoting a kind of cheese, from mozzare ‘cut off’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.