One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Christian inhabitants of Spain under the Muslim Moorish kings.
- ‘The Visigothic Church developed a liturgical music, Mozarabic chant, used until its abolition in the 11th century.’
- ‘To complicate the matter further Benedict of Aniane, the ninth-century liturgical reformer, incorporated several prayers from the Mozarabic liturgy for the dead into the Roman liturgy.’
- ‘Through this point of contact, Mozarabic art transmitted Moorish features to the European Romanesque.’
- ‘The Mozarabic liturgy had perfected the deathbed penance more than any other liturgy.’
- ‘In the Mozarabic liturgy the feast of Saint John fell on December 29.’
Late 17th century: from Spanish mozárabe (from Arabic musta‘rib, literally ‘making oneself an Arab’) + -ic.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.