One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Mozambique or its inhabitants.‘the beautiful Mozambican coast’
- ‘Rescue teams plan to evacuate about 600 Mozambican families who are stranded on islands in the flooded Zambezi River.’
- ‘The stadium lies an hour's drive from the Mozambican border.’
- ‘She uses the water to prepare traditional Mozambican food.’
- ‘Refugees argued with a Mozambican government official.’
- ‘The Mozambican government has already appealed for aid.’
A native or inhabitant of Mozambique, or a person of Mozambican descent.‘the majority of Mozambicans live in the countryside’
- ‘Nearly 70 percent of the Mozambicans live in the countryside.’
- ‘A Mozambican we met, had run a construction business in South Africa for the past five years.’
- ‘More than 36,000 Mozambicans turned up - the atmosphere was the most awesome I have ever experienced.’
- ‘Mozambicans voted last month in elections that went totally uncovered by the British press.’
- ‘International aid agencies raced against time yesterday to rescue and feed hundreds of thousands of Mozambicans as floodwaters rose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.