One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Eastern medicine) the burning of moxa on or near a person's skin as a counterirritant.
- ‘Patients reported in our questionnaire research that they had no abdominal pain during moxibustion treatment, but rather felt comfortable warmth not limited to the abdomen, but in the entire body.’
- ‘Sun regarded the integration of acupuncture, moxibustion and the use of drugs as a complete system of medicine.’
- ‘In Oriental medicine acupuncture and moxibustion are being utilized for the purpose of stopping preterm labor.’
- ‘The results showed that the therapeutic effect of acupuncture and moxibustion was good with a total effective rate of 88.24%.’
- ‘Acupuncture was used on selected points on the patients every second day and moxibustion was used on selected acupoints, also every second day, so that the patients effectively had a treatment every day.’
- ‘Acupuncture shall include, but not be limited to, the insertion of acupuncture needles and the application of moxibustion to specific areas of the human body.’
- ‘Recent immunological studies have shown that direct moxibustion to acupoint can mediate the systemic immune functions.’
- ‘Here I am shown remarkably healthy-looking patients in perfectly starched and ironed outfits receiving treatment by acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, and massage.’
- ‘And he didn't do an acupuncture treatment, he did something called moxibustion.’
- ‘Breech presentation was successfully corrected by stimulating acupuncture points with moxibustion or low-frequency electrical current.’
- ‘Currently, we have actively introduced Oriental medicine for the treatment of a wide range of diseases using Chinese medicines and acupuncture or moxibustion.’
- ‘By making a differentiating diagnosis, practitioners can choose the best method of applying acupuncture, moxibustion, herbs, Qigong or massage.’
- ‘The reason for this is because pain and burn are more directly invasive, and electric moxibustion, without using moxa, can enhance antibody production.’
- ‘Previous studies have shown that moxibustion and some Chinese herbs effectively protected rats from acute liver injury.’
- ‘Traditional Chinese medicine incorporates acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal remedies, cupping, therapeutic exercise and dietary and lifestyle advice.’
- ‘Ultrasound examination was performed before and after each moxibustion treatment to determine the fetal presentation.’
- ‘Stimulating techniques such as acupuncture, moxibustion or massage may be applied to these points to relieve disorders of their corresponding organs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.